The worldwide tendency of using mobile devices is constantly evolving and is forecast to reach around 7,5 billion users around the globe in 2026. In order to survive in a tough and competitive business environment nowadays, brands need to pay more attention to their mobile presence than ever. Therefore, hiring an expertise mobile app development company for your corporate web development to effectively apply mobile-first strategies is a crucial element of your brand management campaign.
When you design mobile-first you start with the web development for the smallest resolutions and then gradually adapt and scale up your design for the bigger ones. Designing for smaller screens like smartphones helps designers to elicit the core elements and functions of the application or site. Applying mobile-first strategies in shaping your brand’s online image presents immense opportunities for growing your business also due to Google search engines algorithms that prioritize mobile web versions.
The Main Principles of the Mobile-first Strategy
Designing your website or application applying the mobile-first strategy will work correctly for your business growth only when planned smartly. Mobile design is plain and concise and comprises certain essential principles such as:
- User-oriented design. The design of your site’s/app’s mobile version must quickly and effectively help your clients find the problem solutions using your product. Your design must be intuitively comprehensive for the users and deliver them visual fulfilment. Comparing your mobile design to the competitors’ may help you elicit the features their websites lack, but which your users are looking for.
- Smartly structured content. The content orchestrates the very concept of your design. In a mobile version of your site or application, users must find immediately those things they’ve come for. Concise content in your mobile design strengthens the contact with your audience. Adding visual and contextual elements that distract customers will clutter your design and decrease the customers’ involvement.
- Simplicity is key. Accurate mobile-wise typography combined with the content placed in two columns at most will organize your design making it neat and understandable. Keeping the borders wide, you need to work smartly with white spaces to ensure each page of your site has its purpose.
- Timing is crucial. Using mobile devices became so popular because it saves lots of time. Therefore, users expect mobile websites and apps versions to work fast. All you have are three seconds of your customers waiting for the page to load. If your app’s design is overloaded with too many extra useless elements which put a brake on the page load, you will use inevitably lose your clients.
- Bold and catchy CTA. Applying all the best practices to creating your mobile design can result in failure if you don’t pay enough attention to making an effective call to action. Your CTA must be striking but not annoying to ensure that you won’t lose your leads.
- Easy navigation. Help your users to avoid unnecessary clicks and wasting their time. Utilize combo navigation to help your customers enjoy using your mobile site or application and solve their problems faster, using your product.
Benefits of Mobile-first Design Approach
Complying with constantly changing tendencies is hard for any brand, big or small. If you are ready to apply the mobile-first approach to your web development, you will soon find how efficient it is for your business growth.
- Attract more loyal users. Smart and effective utilization of the mobile-first approach in design guarantees that more customers will be able to access your site on any platform.
- More customers – higher revenue. As a result of more customers engagement, not only your product’s popularity will grow, but also your income will increase.
- Only valuable content. In order to create user-friendly mobile designs, you will need to get rid of useless content that only burdens your brand image. In return, you can focus and build your brand image around essential information.
- Making your website more sustainable and flexible. Mobile-first design enables creating a site that is easier to evolve and get changed according to your business needs.
If you want to develop and grow your brand, you will be glad to utilize the cutting-edge technologies and trends in building strong communication bridges with your audience. With the help of the mobile-first strategies in web design, you are capable to build more user-friendly products that will help you reduce the costs of the possible upgrades in the future and make a significant profit right now.