Are you using Airpods or earpods and striving to check out how to clean Airpods & charging case? Then don’t worry, this article will help you out.
Generally, Airpods are hugely popular Apple accessories. These have been a massive hit among APPLE accessories. There are different reasons why AirPods that much popular. Among those reasons, the main reasons are its Convenience and seamless integration with Apple devices. Its great charging case is yet another reason why Airpods is such a colossal hit in the marketplaces.
Now, if you’re using the Airpods mostly, you’ll strive to clean it because these products can build-up dirt if you’re attempting to find it out then in this post you’ll learn how to clean Airpods, Earpods and its charging case as well.
Usually, all great products come with lots of usages, that means it can quickly build-up of dirt, gunk and more in your Airpods case, earpods and charging case as well. As you are trying to clean the dirt, so following these tips to clean them will help you.
Generally, the central portion of Airpods will be white, so it can easying become dirty. That’s why to focus on wiping down the outside of the earbuds.
Leave the black speaker grilles as you can do another process for it. Let’s get into the process of how to clean Airpods & charging case.
How to Clean Airpods & Charging Case:
In this article, you’ll learn how to clean Airpods and Earpods. Apart from that, I’ll also give tips to clean charging cases as well.
Best Cleaning tips to clean your Airpods and Airpods Pro:
- Never run your Airpods or Airpods pro underwater because it can get damaged.
- While cleaning always use a soft, dry, lint-free cloth so that it will be easy to clean the Airpods.
- In case, if you Airpods are exposed to stains or other damages materials such as Soaps, Shampoos, conditioners, lotions, perfumes, solvents, detergent, acidic foods, moisturisers, sunscreen, oil, insect repellent and so on?
Then follow the below steps:
- Firstly, wipe the liquid with a clean and slightly dampened cloth with fresh water.
- Then dry it with a soft dry, lint-free cloth.
- After that, give it some time to dry before placing it in the charging case.
- Never Ever, use this until and unless it’s wholly dried.
Ensure you never spill on or get any liquid in the openings. Slowly clean the microphone and black speakers meshes with a soft and dry cotton swab. Never use sharp objects or abrasive materials to clean Airpods or Airpods pro.
Until now, we have seen how to clean Airpods. Let’s check out how to clean the charging Case of your Airpods.
How to Clean Charging Case of Airpods:
To clean the charging Case of Airpods, you have to take a soft & dry cloth which is lint-free. If you want, you can slightly dampen the cloth with isopropyl alcohol. In case you don’t want to use alcohol you can go without using any liquid.
While cleaning the charging case, ensure you never get any liquid in the charging ports. Because it can damage the Airpods charger. Follow the below tips to clean the charging case of Airpods correctly.
- Remove all the debris from the lightning connector with a clean, soft and dry bristled brush. This helps you to remove the dirt without troubling the charger.
- Never use any abrasive materials to clean the charging case.
- Always make sure you never put anything in charging ports to avoid damaging metal contact.
- First, take a fresh cotton swab, microfiber cloth and a flosser pick.
- Quickly remove the excess cotton from the end to make it soft.
- Try cleaning Airpods and Charging case without using any liquids.
- Now, use flosser pick to break up and remove the tough dirt or rough spots.
- If you want to be creative use toothpick by surrounding it with a soft cloth.
Let’s check out how to clean the ear tips of Airpods pro.
Cleaning the ear tips of Airpods Pro:
As we’re learning about the process of how to clean AirPods & Charging case, let’s check out how to clean ear tips of Airpods Pro as well.
Cleaning the ear tips of Airpods pro is a little tricky, but you can do it.
If any liquid has accumulated in the ear tip, then tap the Airpod on the soft and dry cloth. Face the ear tip opening facing downward to remove the water quickly.
- Now, pull off ear tips from the Airpod pro and then rinse the ear tip with water.
- Ensure that; you don’t use any soap or other cleaning household materials.
- Wipe the ear tips after cleaning with a soft dry cloth.
- Then make sure they are scorched before reattaching it to the Airpod.
- Now, keep the ear tips back on each Airpod.
- As the ear tips are oval-shaped, ensure you align them properly before you on them.
Usually, lots of people think Airpods are waterproof and use them underwater. But, your Airpods are water resistant but not the waterproof products. There is a difference between water-resistant and waterproof.
The wireless charging case of Airpods Pro is also neither waterproof nor water-resistant, so always be careful with that. Never allow water to spill on them and be cautious with moisture in openings as well.
If at all, you have spilt liquid on it then dries it by placing it upside down by opening the lid. This can help you to some exetent and protect it without any damage.
Finally, never forget to follow the below tips to clean your earpods. Although these tips are given above, I am highlighting these because these help to clean earpods.
Tips you should follow while Cleaning your Earpods:
- Never run earpods underwater.
- Use a soft, dry, and lint-free cloth.
- Never get any liquid in the openings.
- Clean your microphone and speaker meshes with a soft & dry cotton swab.
- Remove any sort of debris with a clean brush.
- Never use any sort of sharp objects to clean your earpods.
This is all about the topic of how to clean AirPods & Charging Case. If you are having any more doubts on this topic, do let us know in the comment sections.