The error 1962 displays the message ”No Operating System Found,” which you can mostly see on Lenovo PCs. If you are willing to solve the fix, you should make bootable media and run Startup Repair. In addition, another fix that you may try is changing the boot priority in BIOS. Finally, if required, try to replace your Hard Disk Drive.
Whether you use a Lenovo PC, you must see the problem. It can occur because of a corrupt boot sequence or while the boot order priority is misconfigured. You can see the problem at random intervals, within two or three days or after 2-3 hours. Hence, you might need to wait a few hours before your device starts booting up normally. As a result, it may be a big problem for you.
You can find the PC showing on affected devices with the following message:
Error 1962: No operating system found. The boot sequence will automatically repeat.
What does error 1962 mean?
Error 1962 is a kind of Windows problem you can experience on Lenovo PCs at Windows boot after the Restart.
Why does the error 1962 Lenovo occur?
Faulty hard disk drive: Sluggish performance, corrupted files, and unusual noises like clicking or loud component sounds can fix the problem. You must not hesitate to apply these tips and check laptops with both SSD and HDD for increased performance.
Corrupt Windows startup: It indicates times when your Operating System is damaged. As a result, it is impossible to perform the booting correctly. If necessary, you can optimize Windows 10 startup and correct the problem.
Startup errors: If you experience a message during startup, it means that there are some specific issues. Therefore, it is important to fix the problem. If it is the fix, save time testing unnecessary hardware pieces or replacing unassociated files.
BIOS-related issues: Windows BIOS Setup Utility can contain both read-only information and settings which may be personalized. However, poor updates might cause the problem. Ensure that you should check out the solutions to fix the issue.
How can you fix the error 1962 on the Operating System found in your Lenovo computer?
These methods let you know how to fix error 1962.
Run Startup Repair:
- Your first job is to make bootable media.
- Then, you need to insert your bootable USB or DVD. Next, you should begin using Windows from it.
- Once you enter the Windows Setup window, your job is to choose the Language to install. Then, select the Time and Currency format and the keyboard or input method.
- After that, tap on Repair your computer and choose Troubleshoot.
- Next, you should choose Advanced options.
- Tap on Automatic Repair, and choose the OS.
- Once the repair method is completed, you must follow the prompts notification for booting up your computer.
Use automated software:
We have described the procedure in detail. However, its complexity and the chance of getting it wrong and affecting the System can turn it into a risky step. If you don’t want to perform the process, try using specialized software that can automatically fix problems.
In this case, try to restore the System to an earlier state to solve the system problems. A specialized tool can help restore the System as it can perform everything for you. A third-party tool can help you to scan the PC for all problematic files automatically. It can replace all vital Windows system files which can malfunction with earlier versions working perfectly. The procedure you need to go through is as follows:
- First, you should download the app and install it after that.
- Then, you should launch the app.
- Next, wait for a while to look for any system stability problems.
- Tap on Start Repair.
- Now, your job is to reboot the computer to allow the changes to take effect.
- This default system restoration tool can revert Windows to an earlier version. As a result, losing some precious data saved after creating the restoration point is possible. However, it is possible to return the System to its pre-repair condition. First, ensure that you upgrade the program from the free version to perform a few specific actions.
Run System restore in Safe Mode:
- If you use a desktop, you should hit the Power button until it closes. Then, tap on it again to switch the display.
- You must start the Operating System in Safe Mode for the people using a laptop. First, you should hit the Power icon. Then, tap on the Shift key while tapping on Restart.
- After that, you should choose Troubleshoot.
- Next, you need to select Advanced options.
- Move to Startup Settings after that.
- Tap on Restart.
- Hit the F4 key to run an operating system in Safe Mode.
- After watching the Safe Mode desktop, hit the Windows key. Your job is to make a restore point and tap on the result.
- Now, you should hit the System Protection tab and tap on System Restore.
- After that, choose the recommended restore point or a different one. Then, you should tap on Next.
- Ensure what you have chosen. Then, wait for a while till the procedure is not completed. Next, restart the PC. Safe Mode is a diagnostics mode that can begin the computer with essential files and drivers. Finally, try to run the System Restore to solve the problem. But if you see your Windows 10 Safe Mode not working, check out a few processes to solve the problem.
- It is possible to perform the process in Safe Mode to revert to a specific restore point on the System. Thus, you can get rid of the disturbing message shown on startup.
Change Boot priority in BIOS:
- You should tap on the following keyboard shortcut. After that, try to boot the computer by tapping on Ctrl + Alt + Delete.
- Hit the F12 key a few times while booting to launch the BIOS setup.
- Tap on Enter once you view the Setup box.
- Hit the Startup tab. Then, choose CSM, and tap on Enter again.
- Next, your job is to choose Enabled.
- Find Boot Priority, and tap on Enter.
- After that, you should change the recent Legacy First option to UEFI First.
- At last, hit the F10 key and select YES. Now, you should wait for a while for the computer to reboot.
Replace Hard Disk Drive (HDD):
Remember that it isn’t the best solution. But if other fixes don’t work, you should try to replace the PC’s HDD with a new one, as it could be faulty. It is possible to remove the Hard Disk Drive if necessary. Then, you must attach it to another PC to access the files and folders.
Whether the new PC can’t recognize and access the drive, you should replace it with a new one. If your device cannot recognize this, a faulty SATA cable is suitable for the issue. If you want to simplify the task, check out the SATA power cables for SSD & HDD.
Before Windows loads:
- You should first switch off the computer.
- Once the Lenovo, ThinkPad, ThinkStation, or ThinkCentre logo appears, hit the F1 button repeatedly on the keyboard.
- Finally, you should enter the BIOS menu.
Enter BIOS from Windows:
- Your first job is to tap on the Win + I keys to open the Settings menu.
- Choose System from the left side.
- You should scroll the page down and choose Recovery.
- Finally, you should tap the Restart now button adjacent to the Advanced Startup option.
How to prevent the PC error 1962?
You should follow these ways to fix the Lenovo error 1962 no operating system issue.
Always check the hard disk drive condition:
If you want to avoid facing the problem, your first job is to update HDD-related drivers. It is possible to update disk drivers manually through Device Manager. In this case, you should only have to select the Update driver option. You may use a third-party tool to scan the PC automatically and replace missing or outdated HDD drivers. Besides, you may verify the HDD condition using the HDD health check software tools. These will not disappoint you.
Constantly update the Operating System and run the troubleshooter:
You must update the disk drivers which you have seen already. But it will apply to the complete OS. In this case, keep it updated to avoid the corrupted Windows setup. Whether you don’t have an internet connection or are using the wrong network, remember that it is possible to update the OS offline.
You should use the local data backup software if you are unwilling to encounter system errors and unexpected data loss while updating Windows 10 offline. Although windows have its backup tools, they have limited scheduling and optimization options.
Ensure that you always keep BIOS updated and correctly set:
You must check the current updates and customize the related settings. That is why you should learn the method to update BIOS. It helps to keep you from getting into trouble. We recommend applying the process highly to avoid facing the issue. Therefore, you must not hesitate to apply them. But if no methods work, try to use the Windows 10 boot repair tools. These help to rescue the computer and make things normal.
How to Recover Data from the PC with Error 1962 on Lenovo:
You can see multiple data recovery programs on the Internet. But among them, only a few can assist you in recovering data from an unbootable PC. Hence, you should try to use professional data recovery software. It helps you recover data from storage devices like HDD, SSD, USB flash drives, SD cards, digital cameras, etc.
Whether you are willing to recover documents, photos, audio, music, videos, emails, etc., file types from the computer with Lenovo error 1962, you should hit the following button. First, as the PC is unbootable, you must install the program on a typical PC. Then, you should generate a bootable USB drive with the Bootable Media embedded in this software to boot the computer. After that, you should perform the process to apply the data recovery.
- Your first task is to attach the boot USB drive to the PC with the problem.
- Hit the specific key to boot into the BIOS settings menu during the startup. Once you enter BIOS, you should make your bootable USB drive the first boot option. Next, you should boot from your drive.
- Then, the tool will be launched automatically. In this case, you only have to wait for a few seconds.
- You should launch the Data Recovery wizard on the interface of the tool.
- Once you launch the Data Recovery function, you will see all disks and partitions on your PC.
- After that, you should wait till the scanning method is completed. Then, while the procedure of scanning is running, try to pause or stop it. Hence, you should hit the Pause or Stop button.
- Once you complete the scanning method, you should check the required items from the recovered files and hit the Save button.
- Finally, your task is to select a directory to save the chosen files. We recommend you save the recovered files on another drive. Otherwise, you can overwrite the deleted data. It is possible to save the files to an external device.
The Bottom Line:
Once you go through the post, you will know how it is possible to fix the error 1962 No Operating System issue. First, try all the solutions to solve the issue. Then, check which process can help you to fix the problem.
Frequently Asked Question:
- How do you fix it?
If you are willing to fix the error, you should check if the system drive is your first boot option in BIOS. After that, your task is to run Startup Repair, and next, you should perform a system restore. If all solutions don’t work, ensure that you must check if your hard drive is faulty. Whether it is the case, your job is to replace this with a new one.
- How do you fix the boot sequence error?
If you are willing to fix the boot sequence problem, you should first reboot the PC. Then, you need to tap on a specific key to enter BIOS. After that, your task is to use the arrow keys to switch to the Boot tab. Next, you should change this order to choose the system drive as your first boot option. Finally, your task is to hit F10 to save the boot sequence change.
- What does it mean no operating system found?
If the PC shows “No operating system found,” it indicates that your BIOS can’t find an OS on a hard drive to boot from. The problem can occur due to incorrect BIOS boot order, a faulty hard drive, a faulty SATA cable, or a damaged Master Boot Record.