What is ESN Sonar program? What is the use of it? The ESN Sonar app helps people keep themselves connected when they browse the web or close their browser to bridge their desktop and web. It is recommended to use the Amazon EC2 cloud services for hosting the service. This cloud service is perfect for dependable, rapid scaling.
ESN Sonar Program:
ESN Social Software AB developed this software app. The purpose of designing ESN Sonar software is to connect to the Internet and add a Windows Firewall exception. Sonarhost.exe is the main executable file. It comes in a 2.34 MB size and generally carries seven files. The app is primarily used in Windows 7/ Windows 8/ Windows 10 compared with an overall number of users. People in France and Germany use the app, whereas about 42 percent of users are from the United States.
It is a Battlefield game add-on that works like a voice chatting module due to which the voice service can speak with the game. This VOIP service enables you to transfer audio of low latency to the game. It is used primarily on Battle log and Battlefield. Users can take the help of Gentoo.
It is an executable file and a part of the ESN Sonar API. This software’s Windows version is 0.70.4. You can understand an executable file by the “.exe extension.” People more than 98% are using the version of this software. You need to know that the executable files are sometimes harmful to your device. So, it is better to go through our article to see whether it is a virus or malware or a legitimate Windows Operating System file, or a trustworthy app.
ESN Sonar API:
ESN AB developed this shareware audio and multimedia software. People use this app for the voice service, usually in Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4. Whether you want to use an IN-game VOIP option, then XboxLive’s party VOIP is ideal. It is helpful when a commander is present, and a player has to give orders to the team members.
ESN Social Software AB:
It has developed Web and Web-Centric gaming. This software comes with the planet’s web platform to develop, deploy, and scale web apps. Besides, it also offers a push service known as Beaconpush to make web apps with WebSockets, Comets, and HTML5. This push service assists in embedding voice communications on websites. In 2004, the organization was established and located in Uppsala, Sweden. This Social Software AB has been a part of Electronic Arts Inc. since July 2012.
We have given here the help link of this app, i.e., www.sonar-api.com. Its installation folder is C:\Program Files\Battlelog Web Plugins\Sonar, and the uninstaller link is C:\Program Files\Battlelog Web Plugins\Sonar\esnsonar_uninstall.exe.
Files installed by ESN Sonar:
It is sonarhost.exe installed by the app. The path of the app is C:\Program Files\battlelog web plugins\sonar\0.70.4\sonarhost.exe and the MD5 number is 533a078d98dd31c0a48d6795e0b61fca.
npesnsonar.dll – ESN Sonar API (0.70.4)
SonarAx.ocx – ESN Sonar ActiveX Plugin
Google Chrome Plugin:
The first one is available in this browser, known as ‘npesnsonar.dll.’
You can get the first file available in Mozilla Firefox under the product name ‘ESN Sonar API’ with a plugin key of ‘@esn.me/esnsonar version=0.70.3’.
Windows Firewall Allowed Program:
The executable file is available as a firewall exception for ‘C:\Program Files\Battlelog Web Plugins\Sonar\0.70.3\SonarHost.exe’.
Should You Remove ESN Sonar App?
Don’t you use the voice chat feature of Battlefield or depend on this? If not, then you are capable of removing this plugin without worrying about anything. You can remove the app very quickly, and don’t worry, as removing the app won’t cause any effect on the in-game features.
To remove the app, your task is to move to the programs and features section first, in the control panel. It is the standard way for removing programs on Windows XP, 8, 10, etc.
Sometimes, when you cannot uninstall or install the app properly, it can display error messages. You can see the errors while the components are missing.
How Can You Remove the App?
Users can uninstall the application from their PC with the help of the Add/Remove Program feature available in the Window’s Control Panel.
- First, your job is to navigate to the Start menu and then tap on the Control Panel. If you have Windows 8 version, your task is to right-click on the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Next, move to the Programs option and do any of these two.
- If you have a Windows Vista/7/8/10 version, then tap on the Uninstall option. For the Windows XP version, your job is to tap on the Add or Remove Programs.
- As soon as you find the file, tap on it and after that, do any of these two.
- Those who use Windows Vista/7/8/10 need to tap on the Uninstall button, whereas those who use Windows XP have to hit the Remove or Change/Remove tab available at the right side of the program.
- Now, your task is to follow the prompts, and you can see a progress bar. It displays you the time it needs to erase the application.
How Do You Reset Your Web Browser?
As soon as the app modifies the homepage and search settings of your web browser, you can restore them to the old default settings. You can use browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.
- This app is a plugin for internet telephony used merely in EA’s Battlelog.
- On this Battlelog social platform, users can exchange and communicate with friends and strangers about Battlefield 3 and 4. They can use this voice chat also do communicate.
- When you take the help of the voice chat in the Battlelog, the application will get installed.
- You must need to use the software app to enjoy the voice chat feature in the Battle log. People who don’t need the app can uninstall it with the help of the control panel.
How to Uninstall ESN Sonar?
Method 1: For Windows 10 users
- First, navigate to the Start menu and then tap on the Settings option.
- Then, your task is to select the System settings option.
- After that, select the Apps and Features option.
- Next, your job is to choose an application which you are willing to uninstall.
- Now, your task is to hit the Uninstall button.
- Finally, you can confirm the uninstallation process.
For Windows 8 users:
- First of all, your need to turn on the side menu, and for this, you have to move your mouse to the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- After that, tap on the Settings, Control Panel, and Uninstall ESN Sonar program, respectively.
- Now, look for the program that is available on the list of installed programs and highlight it after getting that.
- Then, tap on the Uninstall option available at the top of the screen for starting the uninstallation method.
- Next, your job is to follow all the steps you are asked to do to complete the uninstallation process.
- At last, try to restart the PC following the removal.
For Windows 7 users:
- First, hit the Windows Button that is available at the bottom-left corner of the desktop.
- Now, please navigate to the Control Panel and open it then. Select the Uninstall ESN Sonar program after that.
- After that, follow the last three steps of the previous one.
- Generally, while you will install a piece of software on the PC, it will generate a desktop shortcut.
- Then, you have to hit the right button of your mouse on the desktop shortcut and then tap on the “properties” option. After opening the shortcut tab in properties, select the option Find Target. As soon as you choose it, the installation folder will appear in front of you.
- Now, the app’s data you are willing to remove appears like the EXE or DLL file type. Whether you want, you can see the default installation path for the program starting with C:\Program Files\. If necessary, you may have to delete leftover files later from this directory.
- You can take the help of an Uninstall.exe file in the folder that is useful for uninstalling the program.
Method 3: (via System Restore)
We know System Restore as a utility equipped with Windows operating systems and valuable for the PC users to restore the System to a previous state and delete the programs interfering with the operation of the PC.
Whether you have made this for installing a program, it can be used to restore your System and eradicate unwanted programs like it. It is best to back up the personal files you have and data before using a System Restore process.
- First, you need to turn off all opened programs as well as files.
- Then, your task is to right-click on the desktop and then chooses the Properties option. Now, you can see the system window on the screen.
- After that, tap on the System protection available at the left part of your System window. After clicking on this, you can see the System Properties window.
- Next, tap on the System Restore, and you can see the System Restore window appearing on the screen.
- Now, tap on the option “Choose a different restore point” and tap on the Next option.
- After that, you need to choose a date and time from the available list, and after that, tap on the Next option. However, it is vital to know that after selecting the date and time, all the drivers and programs might not perform accurately, due to which you may have to install the file again.
- After that, tap on the Finish option when you see the “Confirm your restore point” window appears on the screen.
- Finally, tap on the Yes option for confirmation again.
Method 4: (via Antivirus)
In recent times, computers having malware has become very common, like computer applications, but these are hard to delete from the PC. A few types of malware are there which get into your PC using Trojans and spyware. Besides, malware such as adware programs or other potentially unwanted programs is also quite hard to delete. This malware generally comes on your PC when you install freeware software like video recording, games, or PDF convertors. This malware is capable of bypassing antivirus detection very quickly. That’s why, in case you are not capable of removing the application like other apps, then it doesn’t make any sense to check if it a malware.
Method 5: (Uninstall Command Displayed in the Registry)
While installing any program on PC, Windows saves its settings, data, even the uninstall command in the registry. This command helps you to uninstall the program, so try this if you feel necessary. Make sure that you need to be very careful while editing the registry because if you have made any mistake, your System may crash.
- First, your job is to hold both Windows and R buttons for opening the Run command. Then, your task is to write RegEdit in the box and tap on the OK button then.
- Now, go to the registry key and then look for the key of ESN Sonar, i.e., HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
- Next, tap two times on the UninstallString value and then copy the Value Data.
- After that, hold both Windows and R keys at a time for opening the Run command. Then, paste the value that you copied in the box and tap on the OK option.
- At last, your job is to follow the instructions to uninstall it.
Method 6: (Using an Uninstaller)
If you face the steps hard to do, uninstall the app with the help of an external uninstaller.
- Before starting the process, you have to install the uninstaller app.
- As soon as you complete the downloading process, install the app with the help of default settings. The size of the app is about 181 MB. Then, navigate to the Downloads folder, or you can choose another place also while you download the uninstaller. Tap two times on the .exe file to begin the installation process.
- When you complete the installation process, you have to run the uninstaller, and then the app will scan all other third-party apps on your PC.
- Tap on the app you want to remove from the programs list. After that, your task is to tap on the uninstall option and then wait till the uninstallation procedure completes.
- When you complete the uninstallation procedure, start your PC again to confirm that you have successfully removed the app.
Many users don’t restart their PC after the process, but the step is necessary after completing the method as it ensures you that the app does not exist on your PC.
Files Left Behind:
While you uninstall the app, these are the files left behind on the disk of your PC:
1 C:\Program Files (x86)\Battlelog Web Plugins\Sonar\0.70.4\channelClientJoined.wav
2 C:\Program Files (x86)\Battlelog Web Plugins\Sonar\0.70.4\channelClientParted.wav
3 C:\Program Files (x86)\Battlelog Web Plugins\Sonar\0.70.4\channelJoined.wav
4 C:\Program Files (x86)\Battlelog Web Plugins\Sonar\0.70.4\channelParted.wav
5 C:\Program Files (x86)\Battlelog Web Plugins\Sonar\0.70.4\headerImage.png
6 C:\Program Files (x86)\Battlelog Web Plugins\Sonar\0.70.4\iconCaptureMuted.png
7 C:\Program Files (x86)\Battlelog Web Plugins\Sonar\0.70.4\iconInChannel.png
8 C:\Program Files (x86)\Battlelog Web Plugins\Sonar\0.70.4\iconPlaybackMuted.png
9 C:\Program Files (x86)\Battlelog Web Plugins\Sonar\0.70.4\iconTalking.png
10 C:\Program Files (x86)\Battlelog Web Plugins\Sonar\0.70.4\include\libsonarclient.h
11 C:\Program Files (x86)\Battlelog Web Plugins\Sonar\0.70.4\include\libsonarclient_c.h
12 C:\Program Files (x86)\Battlelog Web Plugins\Sonar\0.70.4\libsonarclient.dll
13 C:\Program Files (x86)\Battlelog Web Plugins\Sonar\0.70.4\libsonarclient.lib
14 C:\Program Files (x86)\Battlelog Web Plugins\Sonar\0.70.4\npesnsonar.dll
15 C:\Program Files (x86)\Battlelog Web Plugins\Sonar\0.70.4\SonarAx.ocx
16 C:\Program Files (x86)\Battlelog Web Plugins\Sonar\0.70.4\SonarHost.exe
17 C:\Program Files (x86)\Battlelog Web Plugins\Sonar\0.70.4\sonaricon.ico
18 C:\Program Files (x86)\Battlelog Web Plugins\Sonar\0.70.4\version.txt
19 C:\Program Files (x86)\Battlelog Web Plugins\Sonar\esnsonar_uninstall.exe
Is SonarHost.exe a Virus Or Malware?
The location of any executable file can help you most to let you know about an application, whether it is a legitimate Windows process or a virus. The path of this extension file seems like C:\Program Files\Esn Social Software Ab\ESN Sonar API\SonarHost.exe
If you are willing to know the path, then navigate to the Task Manager first and open it. Then, move to the View option and choose Columns. Next, your task is to select the “Image Path Name” option to add a location column to the Task Manager. Whether you have got a suspicious directory here, you can investigate this method further.
Microsoft’s Process Explorer is one of the tools which assists you in detecting flawed processes. Your job is to begin the program and then turn on the “Check Legends” under Options. Hence, you don’t need to install it. After that, navigate to the View option, choose Columns, and include “Verified Signer” as one of the columns.
Sometimes, this “Verified Signer” status of a process can appear as “Unable to Verify.” If it happens, then you need to look at the method. All the good Windows processes don’t come with a Verified Signature label, but the bad ones don’t also have.
The location of the executable file is C:\Program Files\Esn Social Software Ab\ESN Sonar API\ subfolder and the expected entire path is C:\Program Files\Esn Social Software Ab\ESN Sonar API\SonarHost.exe
The size of the file is up to 1149288 bytes on most Windows. However, if you face any issues with the executable file, you have to determine if the file is reliable before deleting the file. For doing this, your task is to look for the method in Task Manager.
Now, look for the location and compare the size of the file with the facts given above.
If you think that your device is also infected with a virus, try to fix the issue immediately. If you want to remove the virus, then you should have a complete security application. You need to know that all tools are not capable of detecting each type of malware, due to which it is vital to try different options before you get success.
The features of the virus can also cause harm which affects the deletion of SonarHost.exe. Hence, your job is to turn on Safe Mode with Networking which is a
secure environment. It makes most processes disabled and merely loads the essential services and drivers. If you want, you are capable of running a security program along with a complete system analysis.
Can You Delete SonarHost.exe?
Make sure that you are not removing a safe executable file if you don’t have any valid reason because it can cause an effect on the performance of other apps associated with the targeted file. That is why you have to be aware that the software and programs available on your PC are always up to date. It helps you to keep future issues away which are caused by corrupted files. If there is any software functionality issue, you must check the driver and software updates very frequently. Thus, you can keep this problem away.
Use either ASR Pro or this antivirus and malware remover to perform complete system analysis. It is the best solution for those suspicious files. Whether you find the app malicious, these apps will remove the executable file; thus, you can also delete it.
In case it is not a virus, then if you wish, you can uninstall ESN Sonar API from your PC with the help of an uninstaller. Whether you don’t get the uninstaller, then if necessary, you can uninstall the ESN Sonar API for deleting the executable file completely.
Common SonarHost.exe Error Messages:
Here, we have given some basic errors which you can see on the screen are as follows:-
- “SonarHost.exe Application Error.”
- “SonarHost.exe failed.”
- “Error starting program: SonarHost.exe.”
- “SonarHost.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
- “SonarHost.exe is not a valid Win32 application.”
- “Faulting Application Path: SonarHost.exe.”
- “SonarHost.exe is not running.”
- “SonarHost.exe not found.””Cannot find SonarHost.exe.”
When you install a program, execute its associate software program, ESN Sonar API, close or start-up windows, or install the Windows operating system, you can see the error messages appearing. It is better to keep a record of the time and place of the error message, as it will help you troubleshoot your problem.
The Process to Fix SonarHost.exe:
If you want to avoid such issues, you must have a clean and tidy computer. It means that you need to monitor any auto-start programs (with Msconfig), perform malware scanning, uninstall programs that you don’t require in the future, clean your hard disk using cleanmgr and SFC /scannow, and enable automatic Windows updates. Make sure that you are backing up your data regularly or at least define recovery points.
Whether you have faced any larger issue, try to remember what you have done the last thing or the last app or program you installed before the issue. You can take the help of the resmon command for identifying the methods whit is causing your problem. Even when you face any serious issue, you need to repair the installation process rather than reinstalling Windows. If you are a Windows 8 user, your job is to execute this command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth. Using this command, you can repair the OS without data loss.
A few programs are there which assist you in analyzing the process on your PC. For example, Security Task Manager is helpful as it allows you to see all Windows tasks running, even the default hidden processes like keyboard and browser monitoring or auto-start entries. If you see a single security risk rating, it means that the app can be spyware, malware, or a potential Trojan horse. With the help of this Antivirus, users can remove spyware, adware, Trojans, keyloggers, malware, and trackers from the hard disk of your PC.
Problems Due to the ESN Sonar API:
Many users lodge complaints against the app that they are facing errors where they uninstall the app after completing the installation of the Battlelog game on a web browser. According to them, the mic does not work accurately.
To help you in this case, we have given a few easy methods to fix the issue.
Method 1:- Check Your Mic:
The first thing recommended to you is to check the mic condition of your device. If you find your mic not in sound condition, then the probability of your mic not working will increase.
It is better to check your mic before applying any other technical methods.
Method 2:- Check If It Is The Default:
As we have told you before about Esn Sonar API, it is a web plugin for the battlelog game. Therefore, if you remove this after the installation of battlelog, it may happen that the plugin still exists inside the game. Check if it is the default to control the mic. Whether you find this in-built, then there is nothing to worry about. You can now run the game and play it smoothly.
Method 3:- Run SFC Scan:
If necessary, your job is to run the SFC scan to fix the files that got corrupted. With the help of this Sfc scan or system file checker tool, you can scan all your system files. Whether the tool finds any file harmed, it will protect the file and repair it eventually.
You can follow these steps to get rid of the app when it is not working after installing battlelog.
- Tap on the search box first and then write the command prompt.
- Then, your task is to right-click on it and then tap on the Run option, which works as an administrator.
- After that, you have to type this command “SFC /scannow” after opening the command prompt admin window.
- Next, your job is to hit the enter button.
- Finally, restart your PC when you complete executing the command.
- We hope that now you can play your games smoothly.
Download or Reinstall SonarHost.exe:
You should not download the replacement exe files from the web( downloading sites) because the sites sometimes carry viruses. Whether you are required to download or reinstall the executable file, it is better to reinstall the main app associated with ESN Sonar API.
We hope that you have followed the steps thoroughly to download the app on your computer. When you complete downloading process of the software, open it, but your computer or laptop doesn’t allow you to install it.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is the ESN sonar program?
It is designed for making a connection with the Internet. The software is developed by ESN Social Software AB.
- Can you safely remove ESN Sonar?
Yes, you can remove it safely, but problems can appear within the associated programs, mainly for the online games and voice chat features.
- What causes ESN Sonar error messages?
Malware, missing or incomplete files, or improper installation causes the error messages.