DiagmonAgent – Most of you might have heard about it or some of you might even come across that app. Do you know what it mean? Are you sure about it? – I mean whether it’s spyware, an app or virus, or any important update.
If you are wondering what it is? How to fix errors related with it? Or even searching about how to stop it, then you are in the correct place. In this article, I’m going to explain everything about it. Let’s go ahead with the post.
What is DiagMonAgent?
DiagmonAgent is a normal android system application which is called ( Diagnostic Monitor Agent). This app is usually found on Samsung devices. The main function of this application is diagnosing programs that are malfunctioned and sending reports to the developers.
There is a misconception among people that it’s a virus or some kind of bloatware that leads their mobiles to hacking practice. But, all these bogus words, nothing is true. Just go on reading and you will get full information about it and how to fix and stop it as well.
Why does the Diagmonagent App act like a virus?
This app most usually pops on the screen while we watch videos or play games on Samsung devices. As soon as you try to take action it disappears instantly when you click on any part of your android screen. This act can be disgusting for users who usually feel irritated with notifications. So, they generally think of this as a virus. However, as I have previously said, it is not a virus. It is an app that helps your phone to function and ensure your system runs smoothly.
What is the function of the Diagmonagent App?
It is one of the vital apps in Samsung phones; it handles the monitoring of applications. In general, this app comes pre-installed on all Samsung devices. This app’s main function is to send reports of crashed and running applications to the phone developers, who later check the feedback and help to improve the new version of mobile phones or gadgets. Apart from this functioning, this tool also carries out manual tests on phone speakers, cameras, telephones, and touch screens.
How is It Useful?
It is useful in many ways, let’s explore some of the useful features of this application.
- The app allows users to manually test the display with primary colors.
- Easily check receiver on your android –
- It provides vibration tests
- This helps you to test sensors such as fingerprint, acceleration sensor, camera sensor, and other sensors like Proximity, Lights, Gyroscope, Magnetic, etc.
For all the above tests, you have to just press (*#0*#)
Now, let’s check out, what kind of permissions does it generally use?
Permission It Use:
It generally uses mobile device permissions. Even if you don’t want to give permission to it you can’t because it’s a necessary app to operate.
To open it for testing your phone all you need to do is dial *#0*# on your phone dialer.
General Errors caused by DiagMonagent:
Let’s check out general errors or issues caused by it below.
Sending Report Notifications:
The common issue caused by it is the “sending report” notification. Usually, when you turn on the wi-fi, the notification bar always shows “sending report”. This is requested by it and this is seen on all the latest versions of android. We can’t find out the exact report it sends but it is helpful.
Although it can be annoying, it’s part of the job. If you see that message constantly then something might be wrong with the phone.
DiagMonagent has Stopped Message:
This is quite a common error occurring on Samsung devices such as Galaxy models. It can be annoying sometimes because it disturbs you even when you are doing any important tasks so you have to fix this issue. These are the common errors of it, so let’s check out how to fix such stopped message.
How to Resolve DiagMonagent has Stopped Message & Other Errors:
In general, there are multiple methods of fixing or resolving these issues but before you start resolving things it might involve resetting the phone and so on. So, stop other apps and continue with the below process.
Before proceeding, you have to check for firmware updates and stop other tasks. Go for an easy solution and if it doesn’t work then go to uninstalling the app permanently.
Resetting your phone will be the first method we generally prefer to advise you to get rid of these error messages.
Factory Mobile Reset:
To hard reset your Samsung device, the users have to follow the below steps
- Turn off your android device.
- Long press power and volume up key together.
- Then you will find an android logo appearing on the android screen. If you see it then release the buttons.
- Now, you will see lots of options such as a reboot system, bootloader, and more.
- Just use your volume keys to choose the option “ Wipe Data or factory reset option”.
- Use the power key to select and continue with the process.
- Now, select continue and then your android will start resetting.
- After resetting, go for the “Reboot system now” option and this will fix your errors.
Soft reset: This process is similar to hard reset but all you have to do is just reset the settings instead of wiping off all the data.
Method 2: Force Stop and Clear Cache & Data
This is another common practice that helps to fix the issue. However, the probability of fixing the error is medium but it can help you out. This process takes only a few minutes and it’s easy. Let’s go ahead with the process.
- Head Over to the phone settings.
- Click on Apps.
- Check on Ellipsis Icon ( Three dots option)
- Click on show system apps.
- Select on Diagmonagent — click on “Clear Data”
- This option will delete data and clear the cache.
If this option can’t help then you have to uninstall the App. Let’s explore how to uninstall it.
Method 3: Uninstalling It:
Before uninstalling you might be wondering? Is it safe to uninstall it or not?
If you are having this question then don’t worry, I’ll help you out with that.
Is It Safe to Uninstall/ Remove DiagMonagent?
It’s absolutely safe to uninstall the app. However, we don’t recommend it because it will permanently remove the helpful app. If you have no other option then you can go ahead with this.
As it is a preinstalled app it can’t be removed directly. So, you have to follow the below steps to uninstall the app.
How to Uninstall the DiagMonagent App Using ADB?
ADB is nothing but “Android Debug Bridge”. It is a tool you can use to easily run commands on your device. Although it seems to be difficult if you are a nontechie, it can be done by using the below steps carefully. Follow the below steps to uninstall the app.
In this method, by using ADB you have to use your computer. If you don’t want to use a computer then you can switch to the second method.
- Go to the phone settings – system – about the phone.
- Click on build number “7” times to activate the “Developer Options”.
- Now, go back to the previous menu and open developer options.
- Then turn on “USB debugging”.
- Download ADB on your computer.
- After downloading, create a new folder and extract the downloaded zip file into it
- Once extraction is done, just open the folder.
- Click on “ Open Powershell window here”
- Now, enter the ADB device command.
- Take the USB cable and connect your device.
- Run the command “ ADB shell pm uninstall — user 0.com.sec.android.diagmonagent “ — To remove the app.
(Root required) Uninstall It by System App Remover:
A rooted device is required to run the system app, remove and uninstall the app.
Note: Root access is required for this process.
- Firstly, download the system app remover and install it on your device.
- Open the app and search for it.
- Checkmark the box that is next to the app and click on the uninstall button.
Now, with this process you can uninstall the app. In this article, we have covered all the angles of diagmonagent. If you have any issues then try the above processes again it will definitely work.