Are you a Xiaomi Smartphone user? Then, you must have seen the term Wfd Service on your mobile device. However, many people still don’t understand what this service is, what is the need to use it, etc. Apart from this, plenty of other default apps are also available on Xiaomi phones about which they don’t have any type of knowledge. Do you also want to know what the app is, why it is used, etc.? Then, you have come to the right place. In this article, we have given elaborated details regarding the application.
What Is The Wfd Service App?
Wfd service is an internal application of Xiaomi Smartphones. It is known as Wi-Fi Direct Service. It is one of the vital apps that are available on the Xiaomi models along with its MIUI system. Using this App feature, people can connect their Xiaomi mobile devices to other Wi-Fi-Direct enabled devices as well as smart devices wirelessly. With the help of WLAN Direct, you can connect devices with each other and you don’t need to take the help of a wireless router.
It is such an app that only Xiaomi mobile device users can use. People know them also as Wi-Fi Direct Service. Xiaomi is the largest Smartphone manufacturing company in China. This company is ranked 4th all over the world. These mobile devices are generally famous for awesome specifications and “near to cost” prices.
Wi-Fi Direct Service is one of the quality specs these phones have. With the help of this feature, these phone models control the link between them via Wi-Fi networks. The feature also enables you to set up the Wi-Fi connection of your device so that you can access your network connection.
Nowadays, this feature is available in almost all the latest phones that help to make a connection with another phone directly. However, in order to do so, the phone needs to be present in the same Wi-Fi network or private hotspot. Thus, you can merely transfer files directly. It is recommended to leave the system feature as it is. Otherwise, there is a probability that your device won’t function properly.
About The App:
In recent times, each person has an individual Smartphone. Among them, multiple people use Android devices also. Xiaomi is also one of these that has its specific features like Wi-Fi Direct service. One device can connect to other devices without taking the help of any home network connection. With the help of this specific feature, you can share music, pictures, documents, and many more. What makes it special is that it allows you to watch TV without using a network connection.
Before its availability in the market, people used to use third-party apps such as Shareit, Zapya, Xender, etc. However, they didn’t face any troubles while using these apps as they were able to transfer files with them. The only drawback of these apps is that people need a Wi-Fi router or any network connection to operate them.
It is actually a lightning fast file-transfer service. You can share files with a speed up to 250 megabits per second using the feature. There doesn’t exist any risk while using this feature as it is a well-secured file transfer method. However, you need to ensure that the two devices you are using to connect need to be available within the distance of 200m. In short, it is a very useful technology using which you can transfer essential files from one mobile to another. However, the feature is not available in the devices such as Samsung, iPhones, etc. If it exists, then it will be very helpful for the users.
What is Wi-Fi Direct (WFD) Protocol?
In proximity extension, the devices running in the same application can establish direct connection between them. They do not need any intermediary applications such as wireless access point WAP to connect. This application to application protocol is called as Wi-Fi Direct (Wi-Fi Peer-to-Peer). It helps you to connect two devices without using a Router or Bluetooth.In addition, it is a single hop communication between the devices. Besides, It has the ability to connect devices of different manufacturers. It negotiates the link with a Wi-Fi Protected Setup system which assigns the devices with a limited wireless access point. And the pairing of the device can be done to establish the communication.
Basic Function of Wfd Service:
While using this service feature for communication between Wi-Fi devices, you don’t need to use an Access Point (AP). We know this kind of communication as Wi-Fi P2P (peer-to-peer). It works in two steps only: – Device and service discovery.
In the first step, you need to use the Device discovery. Hence, you need to take help from a device that helps to broadcast a probe request for MAC addresses. What it does is scans the devices that are available nearby. This phase is known as the Scanning phase. Devices that get the probe request give a response by sending a unicast message to the sender. It is known as the find phase.
The next step is known as Service discovery. In this case, the sender device usually sends a unicast service request to the receiver. After that, the sender device sends a unicast message in turn that contains service details. Next, these devices get connected so that they can form a P2P group. It works quite similarly to a Wireless network. This step consists of two phases that are as follows:- formation and operational phase.
The device which exhibits Access Point-like function will be the P2P group owner. It is also known as P2P GO. On the other hand, the remaining devices will become P2P clients. If you want to connect the group to an external network, then you must use the P2P GO device. The reason is that it is the only one that allows doing this.
What Are the Normal Functions of Wfd Service?
Till now, you definitely have understood that the feature mainly offers wireless connectivity to mobile devices. Here, we have given a few basic functions of the service. Let’s take a look at them.
- This service offers especially Wi-Fi access and internet connectivity to your mobile device.
- It helps to set up a shared link on the Wi-Fi-enabled devices between your mobile, smart TV, game console, etc.
What Are the Uses of Wfd Service?
The primary purpose of the use of this feature is to find devices quickly, connect wirelessly, etc. People can now interact with nearby devices at a longer distance that is even longer than Bluetooth. However, there are devices and service discovery that allows finding the best suitable peers. You can make a connection with the supported devices using Wi-Fi directly. It enables you to share files with the assistance of third-party applications such as “Send Anywhere.” Due to the application, your mobile device can have multiple ways to make itself more enjoyable.
It allows you to print any document with your mobile phone. Besides, the app enables you to make a connection between your mobile device and smart TV. Therefore, you can watch your favorite videos and stream them on the bigger display. If necessary, you can take the assistance of professional consoles. These consoles help to play online games by making a connection between your phone and game consoles.
What Are The Advantages of The Application?
The benefits of the app are as follows:-
It needs only a single device to be Wi-Fi direct certified for making a connection.
What makes it special is that the app can allow you to share huge files, documents at a faster rate.
People can use this app with ease.
It helps users by letting them know when they get compatible devices available.
What Are the Disadvantages of the App?
The drawbacks of the app are:-
- As it is a relatively new technology, it can create multiple bugs that you may need to fix.
- This technology is not compatible with all phone brands and vendors.
- In case the P2P GO leaves a P2P group, you need to set up the connection again.
How Are You Able To Fix the WFD Service?
You can fix the app by doing the under given steps.
- First, your job is to go to the apps option.
- After going there, you have to tap on the three-dot menu.
- As soon as you click on this, you can see the option ‘show system.’
- Thereafter, your task is to look for the app.
- When you find the app, you have to hit the FORCE STOP option.
- Now, you have to try to make a connection with your TV.
How Do You Stop It?
Here, we have given a few steps following which you can stop the app.
- First, your task is to power off Switch Access.
- Thereafter, go to the Settings app of your android mobile device and open it.
- Then, choose the option Accessibility Switch Access.
- At last, hit the On/Off switch that you can see at the top.
Wfd Service Keeps Stopping When You Try to Cast Or Mirror Screen:
Want to mirror the screen but facing issues? Here, we have given what actually happens when you are trying to mirror the screen.
- In this case, to case screen, you have to first choose the ScreenCast tile option that is available in the quick settings
- Thereafter, choose the Settings option in a popup as it is available there to find devices.
- After that, your job is to choose the TV or wireless display device option from the list.
- Now, you can see the error message popping up asking “Wfd service keeps stopping.”
How Can You Enable and Disable Wi-Fi Direct Service on Xiaomi Smartphones?
When you enable the Wi-Fi direct service in your device, it allows you to enjoy its features. For instance, you can send the content directly for direct playback to Wi-Fi-enabled devices. However, if you don’t want to use the app, you can disable it also. There is a disable option clicking which you can disable the app. These methods are very simple to follow.
Enabling Wi-Fi Direct Service:
In order to enable the service:-
- You have to go to the Settings option and open it on your mobile device.
- Then, your job is to click on the Wi-Fi Select Additional settings.
- Thereafter, you have to hit the Wi-Fi Direct option.
- As soon as you tap on the option, you get to see all the available devices.
- Choose any of the available devices you want. Then, your task is to send an invitation.
- When the device will accept it, these two devices get connected. Therefore, Wi-Fi Direct is also enabled.
- Now, after enabling this, you can easily make a connection with multiple available devices.
Disabling Wi-Fi Direct Service:
Follow these steps if you want to disable the service.
- First, your task is to go to the Settings option and open it then.
- After that, click on the Wi-Fi option.
- Thereafter, you have to choose the Additional settings option. After selecting that, click on the Wi-Fi direct.
- When you do this, you can see a list of all the connected devices.
- Select any device you prefer and then click on it.
- Now, hit the OK option to ensure that you have disconnected it.
- As soon as you disconnect all the devices on the list, the Wi-Fi Direct option becomes disabled automatically.
Wi-Fi Direct service is a very quick and effective way for transferring files from one to another device. Generally, the Xiaomi mobile devices are Wi-Fi Direct certified. With this, they can form a network connection of their own. It seems that the technology is the next generation of wireless connection although it is getting improvements. Usually, you can get the Disable option in Xiaomi mobile applications as well as the MIUI system. However, these don’t disable it.
The reason is that during the Disable operation of the service multiple errors and malfunctions can occur. You are unable to link them to Wi-Fi easily. On the other hand, your mobile device might not be able to connect to other Wi-Fi networks. Due to this, you can experience a reduction in its functionality. Disabling the application can affect the performance of your device heavily. We hope now you have a general idea about the app like what it is, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How Do You Open the Wfd File?
First, tap on the file that you want to open on a Windows PC. Then, your job is to tap on the “Properties” option. After that, see the option “Type of File.”
If you have a Mac computer, then tap on the “More Info” after right-clicking on the file. Next, see the option “Kind.” In case it is a WFD file extension, this will fall under the Audio Files type. As a result, if you use any program for Audio Files, it should open it.
- Can You Use Wi-Fi Direct to Connect to the Network?
Yes, it is possible. Go for an installation of a simple third-party android app. The app takes the help of the VPN then for directing traffic to your mobile phone from a connected device that uses its mobile data. You can use third-party applications like NetShare or Ethernet.
- What is the Difference between Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct?
Wi-Fi direct comes with a longer range form of Bluetooth compared to Wi-Fi. It can make a connection with other devices wirelessly except using AP whereas Wi-Fi must require an Access Point. Besides, for Wi-Fi direct, one device only needs to be Wi-Fi Direct certified.