Generally, people never face any issues while trying to reset their mobile devices. But sometimes, a few people face a problem called the Android No Command. They see the message on display on their devices. Users may feel confused as if they have ever reset their mobile.
When you use your display, it will show the message only without informing you of anything. Your mobile is not asking you what you should do during this time. Instead, it protects your mobile and doesn’t allow you to enter into the mode mistakenly. Therefore, you don’t need to worry about losing essential information or erasing data.
You may sometimes want to get access to Android recovery mode. Besides, you may be stuck in a boot loop with the message. Don’t worry, as we are here to help you and fix your issue by giving many solutions.
What Does The Android No Command Message Indicates?
Users get the Android No Command Error Screen on the display of their android mobile phones while resetting them. Sometimes, you can see the Resting Android Robot (icon) while booting into recovery mode. The icon comes with a back or Exclamation Point in the triangle that asks, “No command.”
Why Does The “Android No Command” Error Message Appear On Your Mobile Device?
- Before you are going to solve the issue, you should know the reasons for the error message. You will encounter the problem, especially if you reset your mobile wrongly.
- The error message can appear while trying to install a new software update or access the recovery mode. Mostly, you can find your mobile waiting for the command for accessing recovery options. But sometimes, you may be stuck in a boot loop and get the message every time you try to restart your mobile.
- Problem with an app on the mobile phone is also one of the reasons due to which you can face the issue. When you interrupt the installation of any app, it can cause the issue to pop up.
- If your mobile doesn’t give access to the superuser, you can also see the message.
- The error message can appear while a glitch exists when you install or update the OS of your mobile.
When you encounter such situations, your job is to enter the Android Recovery Mode. Then, you should complete the method manually. Sometimes, it becomes essential to remove the memory card from your mobile. You may need to remove your SIM card as well before going to perform the solution steps.
Android No Command Error Screens:
You should fix the issue while you see any of these messages:
“No Command” Screen/Message
Exclamation Point in Triangle or Dead Android Robot (icon)
Phone not Rebooting/Restarting During Update
Ensure that you are in the recovery mode while you view the resting robot or an exclamation point in the triangle. In this case, you should fix the issue for bringing up the usual Recovery Menu.
When you are going to perform the problem-fixing steps, you should disconnect the attached devices before that. Ensure that there is no device like USB cable, charger, OTG cable attached to it. Besides, it is also essential that your mobile battery should have at least an 80% charge.
How to Fix “Android No Command” Problem:
Apply Various Key Combinations To Get Access To The Recovery Mode:
Applying different key combinations is an excellent way to fix the error in your mobile device. You should know that it is a manual method. In this case, your task is to unplug all types of attached devices with your mobile. Besides, before performing the steps, you should ensure that your mobile is completely charged. Otherwise, it is not going to function correctly. We have given here the method of how you can enter into the recovery menu through key combinations.
- Your first task is to hit the “Power” key to return to the home screen.
- To do this, you should take the help of the “Volume Up” and “Volume Down” keys for changing the options. Hence, your job is to choose the “wipe data/factory reset” or “wipe cache partition” option.
- Next, you can see three horizontal lines available on the left side of your display. In this case, you should continue tapping on these lines until the process ends.
- While the data wiping is finished, your job is to perform a reboot to your mobile phone. Your task is to choose the “Reboot system now” option from the recovery mode to do this step.
- As soon as your mobile restarts, you should check whether the issue remains or not. If you want, you can perform a few solutions manually on various android mobile devices.
For Samsung Galaxy Users:
- Whether you have a Samsung Galaxy model, you should turn off their mobile phones.
- After that, your task is to press these “Power + Volume Up + Home” keys at a time and hold them.
- After that, the Samsung logo appears in front of you. Then, what you should do is to choose the recovery mode option to go forward.
For LG Users:
- Whether you have an LG mobile phone, your first task is to turn it off.
- After that, your job is to press and hold the “Power + Volume Down” keys.
- As soon as the LG logo appears in front of you, your task is to release the buttons. You should tap those keys again till you don’t see the “hard reset” menu.
- At last, you should use the volume keys to confirm the hard reset.
For Google Nexus:
- First, you should close your mobile.
- Then, your task is to press the Power & Volume down keys and hold them for some time.
- You should tap the Volume down key two times to highlight the “Recovery” option. Next, your job is to hold the Power key for confirmation.
- While you see the Google logo appearing, you need to hold both Power and Volume Up keys for 3 seconds.
- Now, you can release the Volume Up button. But you should tap on the Power key continuously.
- At last, you need to select the recovery mode option.
Sometimes, when you try to install improper software or a simple device cache error, your mobile may get stuck in a boot loop. Then, you should first access Android recovery mode. To do this, you need to see the recovery section. If you are unable to open up the recovery mode from this issue, you should switch off your mobile. Remove the battery hence to turn off your mobile. After that, you can perform the above steps of key combinations.
Remove Your Mobile Battery If It Is Removable:
- You can solve the issue by removing the battery from your mobile. Thus, you can clear the error message. Ensure that you have turned off your mobile before removing the battery.
- Then, you should wait for a while. After that, put the battery into your mobile again.
- Next, your task is to switch on your mobile phone to check if the issue still exists or not.
- You are capable of doing this only when your mobile permits you to remove the mobile battery. If you have a mobile with a non-removable battery, then you must not try to remove it. In this case, it will be better if you try to attempt other methods.
For this type of mobile phone, the battery is attached to the vital parts of your mobile. Therefore, in case you remove the battery, the critical components can be damaged. As a result, there is a chance of risk.
Wipe Cache Partition:
If you are looking for the simplest way to fix the solution, then you should perform a wipe cache partition. There doesn’t exist any risk of deleting the information.
- First, your task is to navigate to the recovery mode.
- Then, you should choose the option Wipe Cache Partition available on display. There are Volume Up and Down buttons available for navigating through the options. You can take the help of the Power key to choose the option.
- Next, your job is to tap the Power key again for confirmation of the cache deletion.
- After that, you should choose the option “Reboot device” to start your mobile again.
- Check at last whether the problem goes or not.
Factory Reset Phone:
If no methods work for you, you should do a Factory reset on the mobile device. It will troubleshoot the problem for sure. However, you must know one thing before performing this step: it will delete all the information on your mobile. Therefore, if there is any essential information, you should back it up to avoid data loss. Whether there is no essential file saved on your mobile, and then perform these steps correctly. It will hard reset your mobile.
- First, your task is to switch off the mobile device entirely.
- After that, you should tap the Volume up button and the Power key at a time. Then, hold them a few times.
- As soon as you see the Android logo appearing on display, your job is to release the Power key. Then, you should tap the Volume up button and hold it after that.
- When you are in the recovery mode, you need to take the help of the Decrease Volume key to choose the “Wipe data/factory reset” option. Then, your task is to tap the Power key for confirmation.
- Now, choose the “Yes – delete all user data” option with the help of the Decrease volume key. Then, confirm by tapping on the On / Off key.
We wish now your mobile device is in default factory format. Finally, while going back to the recovery menu, your job is to choose the “Reboot system now” option. Confirm the option to restart your mobile.
How Can You Solve Installing System Update Android No Command Error?
Want to solve the problem with your mobile phone? We have given here a few ways to fix the issue. Hence, the reason for the error is the installation of the new OS update. To troubleshoot the error, you are required to go through the steps.
Method 1. Manually Install the OS Update:
Here, you can see the process of installing an update of an operating system manually. To do this, follow these steps.
- Tap the Volume Down + Power + Home keys at a time to put the recovery mode.
- Then, your task is to choose the Apply Update from the Cache option.
- Now, your job is to choose the update of the operating system available there.
- After that, you should tap the Power key to install the update manually.
- Sometimes, you can encounter the error when the custom ROM flashes. Then, you are required to select the Apply update option from external storage.
- After that, your task is to navigate to the Updater option.
- Now, you should choose the file already downloaded.
Method 2. Performing Factory Reset In The Recovery Mode:
Doing this step can help you in this case to solve the problem. Multiple people have got benefits using this trick.
That is why you must perform the process. In case you are unaware of the procedure of doing this, then you should know that first. Check the factory reset section we have given above.
Common Solutions That You Can Try On Android Mobile:
We have been told earlier that the error message can appear in different situations. Therefore, you need to handle every situation in its way.
However, a few common fixes are there that you can try in all types of situations. Perform these solutions one by one when the issue occurs to troubleshoot the error.
Solution 1) Use an Android Repair Tool:
Whether you want to solve the problem efficiently, then you must use the repair tool. While using this tool, you don’t have to follow any manual process to solve the error.
However, along with this error, you can also solve other problems using this advanced repair tool. It is very useful when facing the Black Screen of Death error; the phone is stuck in a boot loop, apps keep crashing, etc.
What makes the tool special is that it is unnecessary to have any technical knowledge to use it.
Solution 2) Perform Force Restart to Your Mobile Device:
It does not matter when the error occurs on the mobile device. The reason is that performing a force restart to your mobile can solve the problem. While you are going to reboot your mobile forcefully, the operating system forces you to switch off the mobile. Then, your mobile is automatically switched on.
The process is helpful to solve the minor bugs as these can cause the error sometimes on the mobile. Therefore, it will be better if you try this step once and check if it is the cause. As no danger is there in performing the step, you must give it a try. If you are willing to fix the minor bugs, then your job is to tap the Power and Volume Down keys for a long time and hold them after that. At last, you can see your mobile rebooting.
Force Restart Samsung Mobiles:
If you are a Samsung user, you should tap both the power button and the Volume down key. Hold these keys for around 10 to 20 seconds.
Force Restart LG Phones:
If you are an LG mobile user, then tap both Power and Volume Down buttons at the moment. You should release these keys while you see the LG logo. It will help you to perform a hard reboot on your device.
Force Restart Sony Phones:
Whether you use Sony mobile, your first task is to tap on the Power key. After that, your job is to tap on the Volume Up button for some time. Thus, you can hard reboot your mobile.
Force Restart Google Nexus:
If you are a Google Nexus user, your first job is to tap on both Power & Volume Down keys together. Thus, you are capable of applying the hard reboot to your mobile.
Force Restart HTC Mobile:
When you use this type of phone, you should tap on the Power and Volume Down keys. Hold them for hard rebooting your mobile.
Force Restart Huawei Phones:
Huawei mobile users must tap on the Power and Volume Up keys together. Doing this will help you to force restart your mobile.
As you can see, this method varies with different mobile devices. Therefore, you should check your mobile’s manual before proceeding with the steps.
Solution 3) Flash the ROM:
Are you still encountering the error message on the display of your mobile? Then, you can try this method to get rid of the issue. Hence, you are required to install the ROM on the mobile. This process may be a hard solution for the error. If you are a beginner, then you can find the procedure tricky. That is why you should think more before proceeding with the method.
You can take the help of Custom ROM as it is the same as Stock ROM. It offers new features for the users to experience without any issue. The problem will get also solved automatically.
Before going to try the process, you should unlock the boot-loader on your mobile. To perform the process, you must need ROM to flash. CyanogenMod is a famous version to use. In this case, a Google Apps zip file is also required. That is available. You need to download that first.
But before downloading, ensure that your mobile supports the file. After the confirmation, your task is to download the TWRP recovery environment on your mobile and install it after that. You should allow developer options to perform smoothly.
Steps to Flash:
We have given here the steps that you should try to do.
- First, you should make a connection between your PC and Android mobile. Then, your task is to send your downloaded files to your mobile’s internal or SD card memory.
- After that, your job is to boot the mobile to TWRP mode. You have to use the “Power” and “Volume Down” keys in this case. Now, your task is to tap on the “Wipe” key to reset it.
- Then, a new page appears on display. In this case, you should swipe on display to enter into the reset process.
- Next, you need to return to the home page. Then, you should tap on the “Install” option.
- After that, your job is to choose the recent zip file from your mobile.
- Now, you should swipe on display again to ensure the installation or flash.
- Wait for a while till the process of installation is not finished. As soon as it ends, you have to return to the home screen again. Download and install the Google apps zip file and repeat the similar method.
- At last, when the installation method is completed, you should tap on the “Wipe Data” option for the last time. Finally, you need to tap the “Reboot System” key to restart your mobile.
Android Data Recovery:
According to reports, users have lost their information from their mobile devices after fixing the error in recovery mode. However, there is nothing to get worried about anymore. Use the Android Data Recovery Tool in this case for retrieving the missing data.
Have you lost your saved information from the internal memory of the device? If you have lost the data when you apply the above method, then you should take the help of the Android Data Recovery Software. It will help you to restore the information that you have erased or deleted while fixing the error. You can retrieve videos, images, contacts, call history, call recordings, text messages, WhatsApp data, etc.
Fixing the Android No Command Problem on Samsung:
If you are a Samsung user, you can encounter the issue due to some system problem. Therefore, it will be better if you try a Samsung system solution to repair the OS issue. Take the help of the DroidKit tool using which you are capable of resolving the Samsung mobile issues. It helps you when you cannot send messages, your mobile is stuck on the blue screen, etc.
We have discussed the feature of the tool underneath:
- It can solve different issues related to Operating Systems like Samsung tablet black screen, touch screen not working, apps keep crashing, etc.
- You can use the tool on both Windows and Mac computers for repairing the Samsung mobiles.
- The tool is compatible with all Samsung phones and tablet models.
- To use the tool, you must not require any technical skills. Besides, you don’t have to root your mobile.
- You can use the tool for solutions on Android data recovery, lock screen removal, Samsung data extraction, FRP bypass, etc.
Steps to Follow:
Now, you should go through these steps to solve the issue easily.
- First, your task is to get the recent version of the tool on your PC.
- Then, your job is to launch the tool. After that, you should connect your mobile with the PC. Click on the option Fix System Issues panel.
- As soon as the tool detects your mobile, it would be best to hit the Start key to continue.
- Now, the tool will check the PDA code of your mobile automatically. After that, your task is to tap on the Download Now option for downloading the firmware. In case the PAD code does not match, then put your mobile into recovery mode. Then, you can get a PDA code.
- When you complete downloading the firmware, your job is to tap on the Fix Now key. Then, you should keep the mobile into download mode.
- As soon as the process ends, the tool will repair the system automatically. When the repair method is completed, you can solve the problem. Thus, you are capable of solving the system issues. Finally, your mobile will restart.
The Simplest Method of Solving The Android No Command Error:
Have you faced the error message “No Command Error “? You must not take any tension. We have given here a permanent way to fix the system-related problem just within some clicks. In this case, you can take the help of the Fixppo application. It can get rid of the situation easily. Using the software, you are capable of solving the error. Thus, the app can offer a fresh system for your mobile to use.
- No technical knowledge is required.
- It has the most success rate with a full guarantee.
- The app supports almost all phones and tablets.
- Using the app, you can solve different system issues like no command error, the device is frozen, stuck on logo screen, white and black screen, the device won’t update, and many more.
The process to Use:
- First, your task is to download the Fixppo app and install it after that on your computer.
- You should then choose the detailed information about the mobile phone. It is essential to download the correct firmware for the fixing.
- As soon as you fill in all the details, you will see suitable firmware appearing on the mobile.
- Now, you should make a connection between your mobile and the PC you have. Do it when the procedure of the firmware downloading is completed. After completing the step, you should fix the issue automatically.
Mostly, this Android No Command Error is not the actual issue. Instead, a feature of your mobile is the reason for causing the problem. When switching your mobile into recovery mode, you can find your device is waiting for a command. In this case, you must use the actual key combination for accessing recovery mode. You should try a manual update or factory reset while; your mobile is stuck into this error. It will resolve the issue for sure. Whether you are capable of managing the error, and then let us know which one is useful.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How can you solve the problem in Recovery Mode on Android Phone/Tablet?
In most cases, people encounter the problem when they access the recovery mode on their mobile devices. Whether you have encountered a similar situation, then you should try the steps given above. You should know the method first to get into recovery mode.
How can you solve the no command boot loop on your mobile?
When you are in the boot loop on your mobile device, you should first flash a ROM or factory reset your mobile. Performing these steps allows you to solve every core file of your mobile phone. Thus, you can solve the issue.
How can you fix a stuck Android logo?
You can release all the keys that you hold except the Volume Up key. After that, you can see an Android logo appearing on the backside with an exclamation mark.
If necessary, then you can take the help of the Volume Up or Volume Down Keys. These buttons will help you to go to the options provided. Thus, you can choose the “Wipe cache partition” option and tap on the Power key to confirm.
How can you do a soft reset on your mobile device?
If you are an android mobile user, then you can find a built-in soft reset option. You can get the choice available from the settings menu of your mobile device. Then, your job is to navigate to the Settings and then select the Backup & Reset option. After that, your task is to choose the option “Factory Data Reset.” Finally, you have to confirm at the end.
How can you reboot your mobile in Recovery Mode?
If you are willing to reboot the mobile device in recovery mode, you must follow these steps.
Turn off your mobile phone first.
Then, your task is to hold both the Power button and Volume down key at a time. Don’t release these till you are not receiving the option of the boot-loader.
When you are in the boot-loader menu, you should take the help of the Volume up or down
Keys. It will help you to choose various options. You are required to use the Power key to enter or select.
Finally, you should choose the ‘Recovery Mode’ option.